What are 5 facts about breast cancer?
- Breast cancer occurs almost entirely in women.
- Hundreds of thousands of women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Second leading cause of cancer-related death.
- Over 3 million breast cancer survivors.
- Risk increases with age.
- The chances for developing breast cancer.
What is an interesting fact about breast cancer? Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2022, approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast cancer. There are over 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
What are 3 facts about cancer?
- 10 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.
What causes breast cancer facts? About 5-10% of breast cancers can be linked to known gene mutations inherited from one’s mother or father. Mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are the most common. On average, women with a BRCA1 mutation have up to a 72% lifetime risk of developing breast cancer. For women with a BRCA2 mutation, the risk is 69%.