What foods help heal breast cancer?
- Leafy green vegetables. Kale, arugula, spinach, mustard greens, and chard are just a few of the leafy green vegetables that may have anticancer properties.
- Citrus fruits.
- Fatty fish.
- Fermented foods.
- Allium vegetables.
- Peaches, apples, and pears.
- Cruciferous vegetables.
What foods should breast cancer survivors avoid?
- Alcohol. Beer, wine, and liquor could interact with the cancer drugs you take.
- Spicy, crunchy, or acidic foods. These may increase mouth soreness, which is a common chemotherapy side effect.
- Undercooked foods.
- Red and processed meat.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Highly processed foods and refined grains.
What causes estrogen positive breast cancer? Breast cancer cells taken out during a biopsy or surgery will be tested to see if they have certain proteins that are estrogen or progesterone receptors. When the hormones estrogen and progesterone attach to these receptors, they stimulate the cancer to grow.
What foods can trigger breast cancer?
- added sugar.
- red meat.
- processed foods.