What are some fun facts about breast cancer? Every minute, somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer. That’s more than 1,400 women every day. A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000. Each year, it’s expected that about 2,670 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the US, and about 500 will die.
What are three basic facts about breast cancer?
- Breast cancer occurs almost entirely in women.
- Hundreds of thousands of women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Second leading cause of cancer-related death.
- Over 3 million breast cancer survivors.
- Risk increases with age.
- The chances for developing breast cancer.
What are 2 important facts about breast cancer? Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
Although rare, men get breast cancer too. In 2022, an estimated 2,710 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. and approximately 530 men will die from breast cancer. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers.
What are 3 facts about cancer?
- 10 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.