What are the 5 warning signs of breast cancer?
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
Where do breast cancer bumps appear? In women, breast cancer lumps are usually found in the upper outer quadrant of the breast. In men, they’re usually found near the nipple. Regardless of gender, breast cancer can start anywhere there’s breast tissue, from the breastbone to the armpit to the collarbone.
Are breast cancer bumps hard or soft? According to a 2020 article , a cancerous breast lump is painless, hard, and has uneven edges. It may also fix itself to underlying tissue such as the chest wall. This means it will not move when someone prods it.
What are normal bumps on breast? The lumps are milk ducts and tissues around them that have grown and widened to form cysts. These enlarge quickly in response to hormones released near your period. The lumps may be hard or rubbery and could feel like a single (large or small) lump. Fibrocystic changes can also cause breast tissue to thicken.