What color do you wear for breast cancer awareness? During Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October and throughout the year—people wear pink ribbons to honor survivors, remember those lost to the disease, and to support the progress we are making together to defeat breast cancer.
What is the symbol for breast cancer? The pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness. Pink ribbons, and the color pink in general, identify the wearer or promoter with the breast cancer brand and express moral support for women with breast cancer. Pink ribbons are most commonly seen during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
How do you honor a breast cancer survivor?
- Mail a greeting card or write out words of appreciation.
- Pick up the phone to wish that person a happy Cancer Survivors Month.
- Send a bouquet of flowers.
- Go to lunch or out for coffee.
- Give a small gift of appreciation.
- Throw an impromptu party.
What should I wear for breast cancer month? October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are ready to wear pink in support of this tireless cause. There are number of ways to get involved and raise awareness, but one simple thing you can do throughout the month is wear pink!