What do you call a doctor who specializes in breast cancer? Breast Cancer Specialists. Medical oncologist. A doctor who specializes in the medical treatment of cancer. Medical oncologists have a thorough knowledge of how cancers behave and grow and how to use medication to treat them.
Who is the best breast cancer doctor?
- George Sledge Jr, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, California.
- George Somlo, MD, City of Hope, Duarte, -California.
- Vered Stearns, MD, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore.
- Tiffany Traina, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York.
- Eric Winer, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston ■
Should you see an oncologist for breast cancer? After a breast cancer diagnosis, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing your treatment team. To get the best care, you need a team that includes specialists such as a breast surgeon, a medical oncologist, a radiation oncologist, a plastic surgeon, and a genetic counselor.
What kind of oncology is breast cancer? Most breast cancers are carcinomas, which are tumors that start in the epithelial cells that line organs and tissues throughout the body.