What does a breast lump feel like? What does a breast lump feel like? Breast tissue in and of itself can feel somewhat lumpy and sponge-like, so it can be hard to know if what you’re feeling is an actual lump or just normal breast tissue. “A breast lump will feel like a distinct mass that’s noticeably more solid than the rest of your breast tissue.
How can I check myself for breast cancer? Check both sides for lumps or thickenings above and below your collarbone. With hands soapy, raise one arm behind your head to spread out the breast tissue. Use the flat part of your fingers from the other hand to press gently into the breast. Follow an up-and-down pattern, moving from bra line to collarbone.
What are the 3 Most common signs of breast cancer?
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
What are the 12 signs of breast cancer?
- Swelling or thickening of the breast.
- Dimpling of the breast skin.
- Nipple crust.
- Redness or heat of breast skin.
- New nipple discharge that is not breast milk, including blood.
- Skin sores.
- Growing veins on the breast.