What is the earliest symptom of breast cancer? A painless lump in the breast is usually the first sign of breast cancer, though you may not feel it yourself. Instead, many lumps are detected by a routine screening mammogram.
What are the 7 signs of breast cancer?
- Swollen lymph nodes under the arm or around the collarbone.
- Swelling of all or part of the breast.
- Skin irritation or dimpling.
- Breast or nipple pain.
- Nipple retraction.
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin.
- Nipple discharge.
What are the 12 signs of breast cancer?
- Swelling or thickening of the breast.
- Dimpling of the breast skin.
- Nipple crust.
- Redness or heat of breast skin.
- New nipple discharge that is not breast milk, including blood.
- Skin sores.
- Growing veins on the breast.
How do I know that I have breast cancer?
These doctors are experts in diagnosing breast problems.
- Breast ultrasound. A machine that uses sound waves to make pictures, called sonograms, of areas inside the breast.
- Diagnostic mammogram.
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).