For what reason breast cancer occurs? Women who are not physically active have a higher risk of getting breast cancer. Being overweight or having obesity after menopause. Older women who are overweight or have obesity have a higher risk of getting breast cancer than those at a normal weight. Taking hormones.
What kind of food causes breast cancer? Research shows that a diet high in fried foods may significantly increase your risk of breast cancer. Indeed, in a study in 620 Iranian women, fried food intake was the largest risk factor for breast cancer development ( 41 ). Processed meats. Processed meats like bacon and sausage may raise your risk of breast cancer.
What are the 5 warning signs of breast cancer?
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
How can one prevent breast cancer?
- Limit alcohol. The more alcohol you drink, the greater your risk of developing breast cancer.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If your weight is healthy, work to maintain that weight.
- Be physically active.
- Limit postmenopausal hormone therapy.