What are the 5 important steps of self breast examination?
- Use the pads of your fingers. Use the pads, not the very tips, of your three middle fingers for the exam.
- Use different pressure levels. Your goal is to feel different depths of the breast by using different levels of pressure to feel all the breast tissue.
- Take your time. Don’t rush.
- Follow a pattern.
How do doctors test for breast cancer? Mammograms are commonly used to screen for breast cancer. If an abnormality is detected on a screening mammogram, your doctor may recommend a diagnostic mammogram to further evaluate that abnormality. Breast ultrasound. Ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images of structures deep within the body.
How do you perform a breast exam? With the middle fingers of your left hand, gently yet firmly press down using small motions to examine the entire right breast. Next, sit or stand. Feel your armpit, because breast tissue goes into that area. Gently squeeze the nipple, checking for discharge.
What are the types of breast examination?
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3-D Mammography)
- Digital Mammography.
- Breast Ultrasound.
- Breast MRI.
- Breast Needle Biopsy.
- Cyst or Fine Needle Aspiration.
- Second Opinion/Consultation Services.
- Where to Get Your Next Breast Exam in Rhode Island.