What are the 5 warning signs of breast cancer?
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
What does breast cancer early stages look like? A new mass or lump in breast tissue is the most common sign of breast cancer. The ACS reports that these lumps are usually hard, irregular in shape, and painless. However, some breast cancer tumors may be soft, round, and tender to the touch.
What are the seven warning signs of breast cancer?
- Swollen lymph nodes under the arm or around the collarbone.
- Swelling of all or part of the breast.
- Skin irritation or dimpling.
- Breast or nipple pain.
- Nipple retraction.
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin.
- Nipple discharge.
Does breast cancer hurt in early stages? Pain. Although most breast cancers do not cause pain in the breast or nipple, some do. More often, women have breast pain or discomfort related to their menstrual cycle. Also, some non-cancer breast conditions, such as mastitis, may cause a more sudden pain.