What are the first warning signs of breast cancer?
- Irritated or itchy breasts.
- Change in breast color.
- Increase in breast size or shape (over a short period of time)
- Changes in touch (may feel hard, tender or warm)
- Peeling or flaking of the nipple skin.
- A breast lump or thickening.
How do you feel when you have cancer in your breast? Breast cancer can have different symptoms for different people. Most don’t notice any signs at all. The most common symptom is a lump in your breast or armpit. Others include skin changes, pain, a nipple that pulls inward, and unusual discharge from your nipple.
What are the 7 signs of breast cancer?
- Swollen lymph nodes under the arm or around the collarbone.
- Swelling of all or part of the breast.
- Skin irritation or dimpling.
- Breast or nipple pain.
- Nipple retraction.
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin.
- Nipple discharge.
What is the pain of breast cancer like? Breast or nipple pain
If a lump is present, it is not painful. Although breast cancer is often painless, it is important not to ignore any signs or symptoms that could be due to breast cancer. Some people may describe the pain as a burning and tender sensation. Learn more about what breast cancer feels like here.