What are the three types of breast cancer surgery?
- lumpectomy or other breast-sparing surgery, such as. partial mastectomy. segmental mastectomy.
- mastectomy with reconstruction.
What types of surgery are commonly done to the breast?
What’s breast surgery?
- Breast cancer surgery (lumpectomy, mastectomy).
- Preventative surgery (mastectomy).
- Removal of non-cancer breast lumps.
- Breast reduction.
What are the 5 different types of treatments for breast cancer?
- Surgery. An operation where doctors cut out cancer tissue.
- Chemotherapy. Using special medicines to shrink or kill the cancer cells.
- Hormonal therapy.
- Biological therapy.
- Radiation therapy.
At what stage of breast cancer is surgery used? Most women with breast cancer in stages I, II, or III are treated with surgery, often followed by radiation therapy. Many women also get some kind of systemic drug therapy (medicine that travels to almost all areas of the body). In general, the more the breast cancer has spread, the more treatment you will likely need.