What is the drug of choice for breast cancer? Trastuzumab (Herceptin and other brand names): Trastuzumab can be used to treat both early-stage and advanced breast cancer.
What are the most common drugs used for breast cancer?
- Abraxane (Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation)
- Ado-Trastuzumab Emtansine.
- Afinitor (Everolimus) Afinitor Disperz (Everolimus)
- Aredia (Pamidronate Disodium)
- Arimidex (Anastrozole)
What is the 5 year pill for breast cancer? Tamoxifen. Tamoxifen is usually taken daily in pill form. It’s often used to reduce the risk of cancer recurrence in women who have been treated for early-stage breast cancer. In this situation, it’s typically taken for five to 10 years.
What are the worst side effects of tamoxifen?
- Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and strokes.
- Cataracts or other eye problems.
- Endometrial (uterine) cancer.